Double/Triple Trailers Endorsement

Although it is illegal in some states to operate a triple trailer, all states offer the double/triple trailer endorsement to enable to you to operate these vehicles when you need to. To receive the endorsement, all you need to do is pass the test. Here's what you need to know about the CDL Double and Triple Trailer Endorsement Test.

What's On the Test

Below is the information that you should expect to see on the T-endorsement test. Many doubles and triples practice test will cover this information also, so practice tests are worth your time. To earn the T-endorsement, you need to know:

Who Needs the Test

The double/triples trailer endorsement is primarily for truck drivers or those looking for work with trucking and transportation companies. Those looking to add the T-endorsement to their current commercial driver's license are advised to prepare for the test with doubles and triples practice tests. Practice tests will ensure that you earn the endorsement on your first try and position yourself for open positions or better paying positions.

What You Need for the Test

Before you start on any doubles and triples practice tests, you need to have your commercial driver's license first. Some states allow you to get both the commercial license and the T-endorsement at the same time, but most do not. Therefore, it's best to get your commercial license first, and then go for the double/triples trailer endorsement test (or check to see if you even need the endorsement).

Other CDL Endorsement Test

You must pass endorsement tests depending on the type of CMV that you will be driving. The endorsement tests are described below.
Tank endorsement – to drive a commercial tank vehicle (over 26,000 pounds) designed to transport any liquid or gaseous material within a tank that is permanently or temporarily attached to the vehicle or chassis. Does not include portable tanks having a rated capacity under 1,000 gallons.
Double and triple trailer endorsement – to pull double and triple trailers.
Passenger endorsement – to drive any vehicle, except a school bus, designed to carry 16 or more persons, including the driver.
School bus endorsement – to drive a vehicle designed to carry 16 or more persons, including the driver that is marked with or displays the words “school bus” and is used to transport students to or from school and may be used to transport students to or from authorized school activities. A school bus manufacturer, dealer or mechanic is not required to have the endorsement while operating a school bus that is not transporting students. A driver must qualify for a passenger endorsement before obtaining a school bus endorsement.
Hazardous materials endorsement – to drive any vehicle carrying hazardous materials that require placards or transporting any amount of material listed in the Federal Department of Health and Human Services regulations as a select agent or toxin.

CDL Study Buddy | Doubles and Triples Practice Test
Rated 4.8/5 based on 3649 reviews